The QRibbon control for .NET allows you to add the famous Ribbon to your application. Because the Ribbon control uses QComposite to display it’s layout, you can fully customize the layout of the Ribbon.
The Ribbon control goes together with ApplicationMenu, QRibbonForm, Captionbar, LaunchBar, LaunchBarHost and all the QComposite items to complete your requested layout.
Default Ribbon layout and behaviour…
Lets customize some parts…
In the samples above you have seen the default implementation of the Ribbon control. Now we are going to show you that it is fully configurable and shape-able (like every QComposite control). In the sample below we started with the sample above, and changed the following:
- Changed the order of the elements on the Captionbar. First the Icon, then the title left-aligned, then the LaunchBar right-aligned and then the caption-buttons.
- Changed the shape of the LaunchBar on the Captionbar and changed how the gradient is painted.
- Changed the shapes of the three QRibbonPanels so that they just look cool.
- Changed the layout-order and gradient of the middle (Font) QRibbonPanel, now the caption is drawn above the items.
- Changed the gradient of the caption on the left and right QRibbonPanel.
- Changed the shape and gradient of the middle (Font) QRibbonPanel, now the caption is drawn above the items.
- Changed the shape of the Font QInputBox so it matches QRibbonPanel shape.
- Changed the shape of right item on the Font QRibbonpanel so it matches QRibbonPanel shape.
- Changed the shape of the lower QRibbonLaunchBarHost and aligned it in the middle
Lets show some colours…
Ribbon with QShape in Design
To see the QShapeDesigner in action click here.
For more support and examples please visit the support forum